Effective: May 13, 2008
DITA is committed to protecting your privacy. That is because we base our business on the trust you place in us. This policy describes our practices regarding personal and account information collected through our Web site. In this policy, "personal and account information" means your name, account number, address, telephone number, and e-mail address plus any other information that personally identifies you, your purchase history, or information that would permit us to contact you, and "we" and "us" means DITA, as well as its affiliated companies.
How much information must I share?The amount and type of information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our Web site. Below, we explain what information we collect.
When you browse our Web site:
• IP Address: We collect your IP address to measure our Web site traffic and to help provide a relevant shopping experience.
• DITA Online Advertising: If you come to our Web site after having visited a page that contained DITA online advertising, we may collect the location of the online advertising using transparent GIF files provided by a third party advertising server. The GIF files are used to identify cookies placed when you visited the page with our advertising and do not collect personal and account information.
• Referral Web site: If you come to our Web site via a link, we collect the location of the link that referred you.
• Browser type: We collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our Web site for visitors.
• Movements through our Web site: We keep track of pages you visit to help provide you with a more personalized shopping experience.
When you make purchases through our Web site:
• We collect your name, address and payment information to process your order.
• We collect information contained in "cookies," such as your purchases and log in data, to personalize your shopping experience. Your browser must be set to accept cookies if you wish to add items to a shopping cart.
When you create an Account on our Web site:
• We collect your user name, password, e-mail address to protect your Account. You can help us ensure your privacy by not sharing your user name or password.
When you subscribe to our newsletter through our Web site:
• We collect your name and e-mail address.
When you communicate with us through our Web site:
• We collect your e-mail address and the other information that you provide in order to respond to your communication.
When you enter contests, participate in surveys, or register for other activities on our Web site:
• We collect your name, e-mail address and telephone number, and the other information that is required for entry or participation, which varies depending on the activity.
Is my personal or account information used for any other purpose?
We may use your personal and account information to provide products or services you have requested, respond to a communication from you, contact you, and as otherwise described in this policy.
We may occasionally send you promotional or product information. If you do not wish to receive promotional or product information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the e-mail communication.
We may also analyze and act upon your personal and account information as part of our standard business practices. We occasionally purchase from third parties commercial information such as company size, number of employees and annual sales of other companies. We may use this commercial information along with your personal and account information to customize our offerings to you, as well as for our internal use.
If you become our customer, we may send you updates on important information about our company and services.
Will my personal and account information be provided to any other party?
We restrict access to your personal and account information to those who need access to use it as set forth in this policy. Only authorized personnel are permitted to see your Account password. Your other personal and account information may be disclosed to third parties in limited circumstances. For example, we may share your personal and account information with our service providers and strategic partners and with suppliers and other entities involved in transactions you have initiated. We may disclose your personal and account information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Your personal and account information may also be disclosed in connection with a sale of some or all of our business or a merger with another company.
How do you protect my personal and account information?
We use 128-bit encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) in all areas where your personal and account information is required.
How can I give you feedback or contact you?
Simply click here to send us an e-mail or call us at (800) 449-DITA. Please note that messages become our property and, unless you direct otherwise, may be used by us for promotional purposes.
How can I correct inaccurate information?
You may correct some personal and account information by editing your account on-line here or by calling us at (800) 449-DITA